Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Sic

Not feeling well.

Did you know that the human body does not remember pain?

This is the reason why women have multiple childbirths, why athletes keep pushing themselves. This is the reason why we move on.

Pain builds character.

I have plenty thoughts running through my head right now, having been so familiar with this feeling on so many levels.

On physical pain... Had three wisdom teeth removed, doc saying that it was the most difficult procedure in his entire dental career while pounding a mallet-like thingy in my mouth -- I was sore for days. My Lasik eye surgery, where I was all by myself, and which was by the way recorded, ask me for the tape anytime. (See procedure here )Gastric pains every now and then -- once I was even confined for three days, spent Christmas eve alone in a hospital bed. When I first had braces, was on a liquid diet for days, and to worsen things up, the metal wire sliced through the inside of my cheeks and got stuck. Had to go back to the dentist to have him pull it out on the next day pa. During my mountaineering days a.k.a. the fittest shape i was ever in, I was brainwashed with the mantra 'Pain is temporary, glory is forever', thanks to baron, ige and the pare dudes. Heck, those stories deserve it's own headline..

On the other kind of pain... Nah, don't wanna talk abt the drama now either.

(Insert sigh and goofy smile here)... It has indeed been a journey.

Listening to: Bamboo's Much has been said
Mood: Nostalgic

2 Comments:

At 3:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Pain that comes with sports and fitness is something that can build endurance. One can keep going because of adrenalin pump in the process of exertion. That's the kind of pain that I am willing to endure. Pain that accompanies knife slicing my skin and my muscles, that's something I am more hessitant to deal with. The worst pain though is emotional pain. It pierces deep and one can't pinpoint where or what or which is affected. Have a ood one. Like your post.Keep them coming.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger tin said...

Thanks Angelove!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home