Wednesday, April 19, 2006

How are pictures made?





The result? ...


Ho-hum.. 6:45am. Notice how daybreak comes pretty early these days? At 5:30, with my back to the window, I was flabbergasted to see morning light reflect on my monitor. I turned to the window and it was true, a new day has birthed long before I was ready for it. Days whizz by so fast...

My daily goal is to get the most of what I can out of 1 day. Not just about work, but most importantly, out of life. Squeeze the marrow out of every waking minute. To find some sort of meaning and not just sleep walk through it all.

Have you ever watched the Ally McBeal episodes? It's so darn addictive. It has been my drug of choice the past few days. It's been hitting pretty close to home -- arrow staright. So close, it's scary.

When I was younger, I had a lot of ideals for myself, a perfect picture of where I want to be and what I want to do with my life. Today I realized that I've surrendered some of that perfection. I've made a lot of wrong turns that I swore I wouldn't even think of doing. Many times, I found myself swearing profusely at the crossroads I have been thrown at, all because of my own doing. A friend once told me that I was the bravest person she knew because it seemed that I wasn't at all afraid of getting hurt. I'd rather call it stupidity. I bet she meant it that way too. Who knows.

It really has been a journey. But I still believe that anything is possible. An open mind is a precious gift. Good and bad, come hither. We've only just begun.

How bout you, what have you discovered today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home