Thursday, May 12, 2005

Rain on me

Driving along the metro, snaking my way towards the makati office. Smoothing out my hair in-between stoplights. Trying but unsuccessful to find a good tune on the radio. With the usual busy streets and freaking badass drivers worthy to have 'Only in the Philippines' stamped on their foreheads. Thoughtfully listing my to-do list for tonight's work shift. Reminiscing the past -- the good, the bad, the ugly. My mind going a gazillion miles a minute. Feeling frantic and getting stressed.

Then in the middle of it all, it started to drizzle. Rain.

I felt a steady calm all over. My racing mind, tuned everything out. The air felt a bit cooler. The radio started crooning an easy rhythm. Time stood still. For a while there, everything was perfect. I had to wrestle with myself to stop me from going outside and dance, in the rain.

Three songs later, another gutless driver blocked his car on the parking entrance. Perfection over. Honk-honk. Get outta my way.

I don't know how it happened but the rain did it to me. Remembering those few minutes of peace will help me get through today. I loved it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home