Friday, June 16, 2006

525 thousand

Scene: Had a gigantic fight with a former flame somewhere in Makati at 4am. Me, fuming mad. Road rage. Mad dash back to my house. Made a quick call to my best friend in L.A. Calmed me down a notch. Still feeling icky, passed by baywalk. Me, thinking - "Ayoko na, tatalon na kong Baywalk." Made a sharp u-turn and parked the car. Paused for awhile, making up my mind... Yup, I wanna end it na. Then, someone taps on the window passenger side.

Parking attendant: Ma'am. (knock knock)
Me: Anu yon? (galit pa.)
P.A.: Magpa-park po kayo?
Me: Oo, sandali lang!
P.A.: Ma'am may bayad po, twenty pesos.
Me: Ang mahal naman, ayoko na! (made a u-turn back. headed home. smiling a little.)

Morale of the story: My life was saved by a measly 20-peso bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home